Are you fasting and still not losing weight? Here are the five reasons why you aren’t losing weight when fasting.
0:00 Why you’re not losing weight while fasting
0:14 Intermittent fasting
0:55 Prolonged fasting and no weight loss
2:56 What you could do
In this video, I’m going to cover the five reasons why you aren’t losing weight when fasting. I’m not talking about intermittent fasting. I’m talking about fasting for a longer period of time.
If you’re doing intermittent fasting and keto, and you’re not losing weight, it may be because:
• You’re consuming too many carbs (you may need to go down to 10g or less per day)
• You’re eating too frequently
• You’re consuming too much fat
But let’s say you’re fasting for a longer period of time, like 2-3 days, and you still haven’t lost weight. Why could this happen?
Fasting with no weight loss could be caused by:
1. A very slow metabolism
3. Stress (high cortisol)
4. Not sleeping
5. Water retention
What you could do:
• Take nutrients that help with insulin resistance (electrolytes, B vitamins, trace minerals, and vitamin D)
• Take bile salts 3 times per day
• Increase sleep and decrease stress
• Give it more time