In this video, Dr. Berg talks about the 5 types of people who should not do intermittent fasting.
1. Pregnant – 3 meals a day / no snacking/ Make sure not to restrict the calories (nutrient-dense).
2. Nursing – Make sure not to deprive the mother of all the nutrients.
3. Thin people with neurodegeneration (Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s) – 3 meals a day / 10 grams of carbs or less
4. Babies / Small Children – Sweets are not recommended as well.
5. Eating Disorders (anorexia, bulimia)
Other Health Problems:
Hypoglycemia – Frequency of eating is causing the problem with blood sugar. It will spike insulin. The ultimate solution to this is intermittent fasting done in a gradual way with a lot of healthy nutrient-dense foods and healthy fats.
Anxiety – Stress will go down when you do intermittent fasting by supporting the adrenal glands.
Sleep Disorders – Intermittent fasting supports your brain. The need for sleep goes down. Intermittent fasting together with healthy keto is really good for sleep apnea.
Women / Hormone Problems – Intermittent fasting helps with PCOS or Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome.