Are you a women following the ketogenic diet? This video explains 3 ways to make keto work and intermittent fasting work for results that stick. ▸ [FREE] 🔥E-BOOK: “The Keto Kickstart Guide: 4 Steps to Burning Fat Instead of Sugar” | http://www.ketokickstartguide.com
Women should do keto differently than men. This video gives you the blueprint for women who currently have their monthly menstrual cycle, and also post menopausal women. This plan is also effective for females following an intermittent fasting schedule.
// T I M E S T A M P S
01:22 First problem: thyroid t3 dysfunction
03:26 Second problem: fat burning will slow down
05:35 Number 1: Eat more fat and protein with your meals, no snacking and eat until full.
AMPK improves glucose uptake so it lowers your blood sugar, increases the burning of stored fat, and decreases your blood triglycerides. It decreases fat-related chronic inflammation, which means that it is targeting the inflammatory fat or the abdominal fat specifically. Abdominal fat has more inflammatory potential than fats in other parts of the body. http://www.lifeextension.com/magazine… ,
Make sure you’re eating the particular fats that boost AMPK (which builds fat-burning mitochondria)
* 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil each day
* Hesperidin (a compound found in citrus peels), green tea extract, bilberry extract, can also help activate AMPK.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/arti… Exercise helps deplete ATP stores and activate AMPK. Get in your HIIT workouts or long walks
* Cold exposure increases AMPK by promoting fat burning, mitochondrial biogenesis, and hypothalamic desire to eat https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/arti…
* α-Lipoic acid (ALA) activates AMPK in muscles and other tissues
AMPK boosting foods. Credit to Sim Land (https://www.siimland.co/)
* EGCG from green tea
* Curcumin, ginger, and cinnamon
* Resveratrol from red grapes, dark berries, cherries, or red wine
* Different compounds like bitter melon extract, ginseng, rooibos, quercetins, extra virgin olive oil, Astragalus
* Apple cider vinegar
* Creatine, zinc, DHA, EPA, CoQ10, and other fat-soluble vitamins
08:50 Number 2: Master your stress by practicing love and gratitude. We cannot heal a body we hate.
11:10 Number 3: EAT FOR YOUR CYCLE
A women’s cycle goes anywhere from 28-30 day cycles. From day 1 to day 14 women make a little bit of estrogen and very little progesterone, but once they ovulate then thats when those hormones kick in and the body needs to have certain foods to make specifically progesterone is the anti stress hormone. So what are those foods?
They are beans, tropical fruits, citrus fruits, white potatoes, squash, and wild rice.
Where it really becomes crucial is at day 21, about 1 week before the cycle. Don’t do a water fast, flex out of keto and focus on eating those foods.
The 5-1-1 rule is idea for post menopausal women.